Clothes dryer fire safety tips from state fire marshal's office - My Edmonds News

2022-11-28 07:20:21 By : Ms. Vicky Wu

Clothes dryers caused 4% of home structure fires in 2014 through 2018, according to the National Fire Protection Association, and last year in Washington state, there were a reported 352 fires caused by appliances, including clothes dryers. More home clothes dryer fires occur in the fall and winter months and peak in the month for January.

The Washington State Fire Marshal’s Office reminds residents practicing these simple home clothes dryer safety tips: Spray Drying System

Clothes dryer fire safety tips from state fire marshal's office - My Edmonds News

Doing laundry is often part of an everyday routine so keeping this important appliance in good working order will keep you and your family fire safe, the fire marshal’s office says.

This is good info. The back lines out side of the home is something many forget. When I was 13 my home burned to the ground while we watched. It was from a dryer fire. It started there then went to curtains and then like a wildfire thru our home. If not for our dog my little sister and I would have died from smoke inhalation. The dog started barking and alerted my dad and when he came in our room the smoke was just about ready to ingulf my little sister and I. Then ha, The Fire truck came but the hydrant wasn’t working and then ha the firehose broke. So yeah it burned to the ground. There was a little left in the back of the home. I can still see my barbie doll car melted and dripping down the shelves. We had no clothes and were in our pajamas. Of course in my small town the neighbors took us in for the night and then G-mas until our home was bebuilt. The only high point in this story…was it burned my school books ha. I was 13 ok.. So I didn’t have to do homework.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting.

Real first and last names — as well as city of residence — are required for all commenters. This is so we can verify your identity before approving your comment.

By commenting here you agree to abide by our Code of Conduct. Please read our code at the bottom of this page before commenting.

Sign Up for Our Daily Edmonds Newsletter

Website by Web Publisher PRO

Clothes dryer fire safety tips from state fire marshal's office - My Edmonds News

Grinder © Copyright 2022 | All rights reserved by My Edmonds News